San Diego: Accounting Clerk
Rush star is rapidly growing and have an immediate need for an experienced Accountant. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to meet month end reporting schedules in a fast-paced setting. Computes, classifies, records, and verifies numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Investigates problems that vendors or purchasing agents have with obtaining payment for bills.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals, and similar items.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various registers.
- Extracts general ledger information.
- Compiles cost reports and revenue and balance sheets.
- Reconciles bank statements.
- Monitors loans and accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, and interprets computer reports, and makes corrections.
- Assists employees, vendors, clients, or customers by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Must be a detail listener with strong organizational and time management skills.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Bachelor's Degree- Preferred